vrijdag 3 februari 2012

Favorite things

My passion for photography started 5 years ago with a Canon digital DSRL. I didn't use it very often, because i was still 'finding my eye' back then and learning how to use it. The 50mm 1.8 portrait lens is my favorite.
Then in 2010 i got my iPhone and discovered the amazing quality of it's 5 megapixel camera. Because i always had it with me it enabled me to shoot almost everything that caught my eye, so i started to develop my vision and share it with others by publishing some of my images in a 365 nature blog. I now use it most for shooting close ups of details like water drops, hoarfrost, fungi or objects in and around my home.
Some months ago my father gave me all his analog gear, consisting of an Olympus OM2 with an endless supply of accessories like lenses, filters, flashes, tripods etc. I would love to try it out but I first want to learn how to be more deliberate in my photography, how to plan for the right exposure and the best composition beforehand so i will not waste any expensive film on trial shots I feel i'm not yet ready to use it yet.



Here is my latest acquisition: an Olympus PEN P3. It combines the benefits of a compact camera with the possibilities of a dslr and i love it! The manual is 126 pages long so i will be spending lots of time trying out all the camera's endless possibilities for the next couple of months....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten